BlazeClan was involved in application development and automated managed services of the live streamer application.
BSE is Asia’s First Exchange and World’s Fastest Exchange with the Speed of 6 Microseconds. Bombay Stock Exchange Limited is the oldest stock exchange in Asia, established in 1875. It is the first stock exchange in the country to obtain permanent recognition in 1956 from the Government of India under the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956. It is widely recognized by its index, SENSEX. The Exchange is professionally managed under the overall direction of the Board of Directors. The Exchange has a nation-wide reach with a presence in 417 cities and towns of India.
The customer wanted to build a live streaming application on AWS where the traders could have a single view on a real-time basis of the best bids floating in the market and eventually the traders could track the quotes and stock price movements.
On a mission to proactively provide critical information to the traders on their fingertips, BSE was looking to develop an application, set up AWS infrastructure and 24*7 monitoring of the application for making it highly available on demand.
They were looking for a partner who could provision infrastructure on Amazon Web Services with the appropriate configuration in order to host the application and then support the deployment in form of Managed Services which will aim to resolve any issue related to infrastructure on AWS.
BlazeClan’s team of certified solution architects developed the application and hosted it on AWS to provide cost benefits. With the features of auto-scaling, the aim was to support more than 10,000 concurrent connections per second and also proactively monitor the application 24*7 ensuring near-zero downtime.
The customer leveraged BlazeClan’s cloud consulting expertise to create a complete application blueprint, assessment and cloud deployment strategy along with a proposed implementation plan and timeline. In turn, BlazeClan devised a business case analysis, security risk matrix, and total cost of ownership calculations to provide an in-depth look at how to move successfully into the cloud and realize cost benefits.
The team developed the website streaming application and set up the infrastructure on AWS. Each day 2 TB of data was received by the customer that consisted of information of sales and buys of that particular day. BlazeClan team developed a GUI for enhanced user experience and allowed them to filter and store data of each company. With the auto scaling feature, the customer was able to support at least 10,000 concurrent connections per second.
The team also comprehended the need to adopt a DevOps based approach for infrastructure automation. They created templates for deploying each component of the infrastructure making it more flexible and scalable.
Security and Compliance
By leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS) robust control in major security and compliance framework, BlazeClan ensured comprehensive security for customer’s business critical application on AWS and advised AWS best practices to strengthen their security even further to continuously thwart attacks.
- Cost Savings: This engagement brought about massive cost savings as payments needed to be made only for actual usage.
- Scalability: The customer was able to spontaneously adjust its infrastructure to any alterations in user demand.
- Flexibility: The traders were able to create instances “on the fly” to access the application and filter and store end user information effectively.
- Automation: The customer was able to automate the majority of the processes of scaling its infrastructure to support demand peaks that encouraged the traders to access the application.
BlazeClan availed a number of AWS services to execute this project successfully.
- Amazon EC2 was used for compute capacity management for their application deployment. It helped in reducing the time required to spin up new server instances to minutes, allowing them to quickly scale capacity, both up and down, as per their requirement.
- Amazon S3 was used to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere and everywhere.
- Amazon ElastiCache is a web service which was used to make easy setup, manage and scale a distributed in-memory data store or cache in the cloud.
- Auto-scaling feature ensured that there was a correct number of Amazon EC2 instances available to handle the load for the application.
Whether you are just getting started or are exploring to advance in your cloud journey and need assistance in cloud consulting, cloud-native application development, big data analytics, DevOps and automated managed services; please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org