Job Code: AS_DataScientist_5_7_A
Experience: 5 – 7 Years of experience in Software Development with 2 – 3 years of experience as Data Scientist / Data Engineer. Having worked in large team and complex projects. Having prior BI, Analytics and ETL experience. Hands-on experience modern analytics architecture and tools
Education: BE/B. Tech/MCA/M.Tech
Passport and Travel: Must have a valid passport for with atleast 9 months of validity. Wiling to travel to onsite for long term duration of minimum 1 year.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
• Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
• Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
• Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
• Experience in Business Intelligence (BI), Data warehouse (DW)
• Clear understanding of Cube, OLAP, OLTP concepts
• Hands-on experience of Schema design and data modeling
• Should have clear understanding of DFD and ERD
• Ability to translate complex data flows/transformations into sequences of ETL implementation tasks
• Thorough Knowledge of ETL, data quality, data cleansing, and data blending tools
• Familiarity with AWS Data Pipeline a plus
• Proven ability to write and tune SQL queries, Understanding of columnar DBs like Redshift and Actian Vector, and conventional RDBMS like SQL Server, MS SQL, MySQL, etc.
• Knowledge of one or more OLAP (e.g. Mondrian), reporting and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, Jaspersoft, QlikView, Looker, DataWatch, Kibana, Apache Zeppelin etc)
• Ability to understand domain and gain business knowledge quickly
• If Python then, candidate must have used libraries like, Pandas, SciPy, NumPy, Twithon, TwiPy, Anaconda Distribution, etc.
• Experience in one more structured DBMS: MySQL, SQL Server, Redshift, Postgres
• Experience in one or more: Dynamo DB, Mongo DB, Cassandra
• Experience of Ingestion, Processing and Visualization of “Big Data” – More than 500 GB, >1 TB is preferred
• Hands-on with Hadoop components like AWS EMR or HDFS, Sqoop, Oozie, HBase, Hive, MapReduce, etc. It is not possible that candidate have all the skills at a time. But these are the basic skills around the Data Engineer position. The candidate should at least be theoretically proficient in all of the above.
• Working knowledge on one or more: Kafka, Redis, Spark, Solr, ElasticSearch, Storm, Kinesis Strong analytical skills and good problem solving skills.
• Experience in handling large teams, with good interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, team player, action-and-results oriented
• Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
• Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
Other details: This a direct client facing role onsite for 1 year. The candidate should be immediately available and wiling to travel to onsite.