The customer is India’s fastest growing entertainment network of iconic brands offering multi-platform, multi – generational and multicultural brand experiences across television, film, digital media and LIVE events.
The company hosted their SAP BI suite running in an on-premise environment. Given the changes in the company’s business environment, the teams wanted it to be migrated to cloud followed by upgrading the same in a time critical manner. Also, it was getting increasingly difficult to gain cost efficiencies while keeping a flexible, powerful system due to the hardware constraints of the private cloud environment.
Within this context, the company decided to look into using a public cloud as a way to take advantage of the inherent value of the cloud while optimising upfront and operating costs.
BlazeClan team of certified SAs conducted an exhaustive study of the system and charted out a roadmap for deploying this solution.
The team of certified SAs migrated the application in two phases:
- Discovery of the existing architecture, assessing cloud readiness and designing of the AWS environment. This also included assistance in preparing the order management system cloud ready.
- Implementation of the AWS environment, setting up IAM user management and authorization authentication as per the underlying best practices. This also included migrating the order management system to AWS and setting up Cloud Front to provide a better browsing experience. Implementation of the auto-scaling groups with ELB to make the existing order management system highly scalable and elastic in nature.
A number of recommendations were implemented that included:
- Memory Intensive Instances: SAP applications required memory-intensive instances for smooth working hence it was recommended to use memory-intensive instances at the time of deployment.
- Security groups were put in place to ensure robust cloud infrastructure.
The team consulted, architected, and deployed end to end infrastructure including compute, storage and networking for all the three environment including Dev., QA &Production and migrated the SAP application.
- Cost Savings: BlazeClan helped the company in saving costs by successfully migrating their SAP application on AWS from on-Prem and timely upgrading it. They now have the ability to spin up the Dev. /QA instances during the course of the day and turn them off during night time and weekends, which wasn’t an option in their previous world
- Agility: migrating to the cloud helped them gain all the agility required to have a competitive edge in their business.
BlazeClan availed a number of AWS services to execute this project successfully.
- Amazon EC2 was used for compute capacity management for their application deployment. It helped in reducing the time required to spin up new server instances to minutes, allowing them to quickly scale capacity, both up and down, as per their requirement.
- Amazon S3 was used to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere and everywhere.
- Amazon VPC helped in setting up the private network with AWS as it provided isolation and security.
- AWS NAT Gateway was used to allow instances in a private subnet to connect to the Internet or to other AWS services.