BlazeClan developed a Web-based big data analytics solution backed by a robust, flexible and scalable data warehouse for Atrium.
The company is the regional trade agency and has been stimulating commercial development for over 15 years in the Brussels-Capital Region.
Atrium is helping potential shop owners to take data-driven decision to choose the right location for opening the new shop in Brussels. It also empowers existing shop owners by providing insights into smart commerce planning. One of the core missions of Atrium Analytics is to kick-start the digital transformation at Atrium. Atrium wanted to modernize the way they collect, transform and visualize the data.
BlazeClan conducted an exhaustive study to understand the current set up and BlazeClan proposed a Web-based analytics solution backed by robust, flexible and scalable data warehouse capable to include future data sources. This solution will have all the sophistication as security, User management, identity and access management, etc.
Once the workflow was understood, BlazeClan adhered to the Big Data Solution approach that is designed to help the company define a:
- Big Data Analytics Process,
- Adopt Right Tools,
- Build a Cloud-Based Analytics engine and
- Empower businesses with actionable and operational business analytics.
This 5 step solution approach included:
- Data Discovery: Data structure, data sources, data volume were identified.
- Analytics Discovery: The architecture was designed by understanding data correlation, frequency and algorithm.
- Tool and Technology Discovery: The tools and technologies required for the implementation.
- Infrastructure Discovery: Helped in identifying the right resources for the architecture in a cost-optimized way.
- Implementation Phase: A continuous delivery approach was taken during the implementation Phase, with a lean structure of continuous learning based iterations. This approach assured low upfront investments and adoptive actionable analytics.
- High Availability: The Company achieved a highly available system that could meet and cater to requests from the business.
- Scalability: They achieved the ability to scale the application as and when required by leveraging auto-scaling and load balancing features of AWS.
- Fault Tolerant: They were able to achieve a fault tolerant architecture
BlazeClan availed a number of AWS services to execute this project successfully.
- Amazon EC2 was used for compute capacity management for their application deployment. It helped in reducing the time required to spin up new server instances to minutes, allowing them to quickly scale capacity, both up and down, as per their requirement.
- Amazon RDS service was used to set up, operate and scale relational database and was mainly used for Postgres deployments.
- Amazon S3 was used to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere and everywhere.