The customer is India’s one of the fastest growing and reputed non-banking financial company offering multitudes of services. They offer customized solutions in the areas of Capital Market, Corporate Finance, Commercial Real Estate Mortgages, Infrastructure Project and Structured Finance.
The customer was already using a hybrid cloud setup and wanted to shift its critical workloads to Azure. Moreover, the client was overshooting budgets, timelines and further required an easy access to manage ever-growing data. To support this move, the customer wanted BlazeClan to deploy its applications on to Microsoft Azure Cloud.
As a Microsoft Gold Cloud Platform Partner, BlazeClan with its team of certified Microsoft Cloud Solution Architects conducted an exhaustive study of the environment, provision infrastructure and assist in the migration of current workloads to India region.
- BlazeClan migrated the customer’s on-premises database to Azure Cloud having Always On (High Availability) setup.
- Implemented application insights to analyse API calls to mitigate loopholes.
- VMSS (Virtual Machine Scale Set) has been implemented to manage workload and optimization of resources.
- Deployed McAfee security parameters by having security layer with Detect, Protect and Monitoring services.
- Performed migration from Classic VMs to ARM (Azure Resource Manager)
- UAT environment has been scheduled for start and shutdown for reducing costs.
- Access was provided to monitor health/system utilization through a dashboard.
- Improved Performance – The customer leveraged flexibility and elasticity that comes with the Azure environment. The new environment had the ability to scale up on demand and handle hundreds of checkouts per minute.
- Lower financial risk – BlazeClan team helped in reducing the company’s financial risk by moving from a CAPEX based to OPEX based. The customer is now utilizing the agility of the system by running UAT servers only for 10 hours a day, 6 days a week.
- Reduced Cost – Customer was able to decrease its operational costs considerably by migrating to Azure.
- Improved Scalability – The customer achieved the ability to scale the application as and when required by leveraging auto-scaling and load balancing features of VMSS.
- Competitive Advantages – Adopting Azure has let our customer to keep their focus on the business and provided them with both strategic and tactical advantages.
- Azure PowerShell, a scripting language developed to provide cmdlets for simplifying and automating the management of Azure cloud services.
- Azure Load Balancer was used to redirect the traffic to healthy Azure instances for more consistent application performance.
- Azure Blob Storage was used to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere and everywhere.
- Azure Compute was used for their application deployment. It helped in reducing the time required to spin up new server instances to minutes, allowing them to quickly scale capacity, both up and down, as per their requirement.
- Azure Active Directory was used as a fully managed multi-tenant service from Microsoft that offers identity and access capabilities for applications running in Microsoft Azure.
- Key Vault was used for storing access keys.