Etek is a leading solutions provider. Their business-oriented solutions are powered with well-positioned cybersecurity technologies. The company has powered many leading technology providers with cybersecurity solutions. They partnered with Blazeclan for hosting their website on Azure cloud, which was previously hosted on a shared web platform.
Etek’s website was hosted on a shared web hosting platform. They wanted their website to be highly available, scalable and agile. As their website was on a shared web platform it involves key challenges, such as
- Insufficient security
- Lack of flexibility and scalability
- Lack of customizable features
- Lack of control on resources that back the hosting of the website
Blazeclan understood the requirements of Etek and advised them to host their website on Azure cloud. As a long term solution, Azure was chosen as the cloud hosting platform keeping security, scalability, and availability as the primary agenda.
The Approach Followed:
- The company’s infrastructure was deployed in Azure VNet with the whole network solely reserved for ETEK. Azure Cloud Hosting Enabled Etek to See ~40% Performance Improvement in their Website.
- The website contents were migrated to Azure Linux VM which had Azure Application Gateway in front of it.
- The Azure Application Gateway acts as a layer 7 Load Balancer and WAF performing SSL offloading, load balancing and providing security against various web vulnerabilities.
- Automated Backups were configured using Azure Backups with predefined retention and frequency.
Benefits Achieved by the Etek
Better Security: Use of Azure application gateway with a layer 7 load balancer and WAF helped Etek in securing their website from malicious activities and cyberattacks. The security of the website was considerably enhanced post-implementation of the solution.
Resource Isolation: Vnets have been created specially for the company’s website, for a seamless Azure cloud hosting. This helped them in the isolation of resources, which in turn enabled complete visibility and control of all resources.
Automated Backups: The solution delivered the company with automated backup of their Azure cloud-hosted website. This will help them in quick data recovery in case of failures or disasters.
|Azure VNet||Azure Application Gateway||Azure Backup|
|Azure Load Balancer||Azure App Service Certificate|