SPICE is a next-generation technology solutions and services firm that helps enable modern commerce for organizations with complex supply chains. Their customers consist of over 2,000 organizations worldwide, ranging from large global brands and retailers to regional manufacturing and distribution companies. Spice specializes in Business Intelligence, ERP, Merchandise Planning, Omnichannel, Mobile, EDI, Managed Analytics and Supply Chain strategy.
With continued improvements in their modern commerce capabilities by integrating business processes from source-to-customer, the client wanted a dedicated partner who could become an IT Support Arm to manage the infrastructure and monitor the application logs and provide actionable insights.
Spice leveraged BlazeClan’s expertise of managing AWS services to provide comprehensive infrastructure managed services.
The team is involved in the 24×7 monitoring of AWS infrastructure and monitoring of applications for the production, staging and non-production environments. BlazeClan provided managed infrastructure services to complement SPICE’s own IT capabilities including:
- Implementation of cloud monitoring platform (CMP) tool for managing cloud components-
- Virtual Machines-EC2
- Storage-EBS, S3
- Network and Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Load Balancer-ELB
- Other cloud service offerings
- Provide access to monitor health/system utilization through a dashboard.
- Monitor the AWS resources and custom alert notifications to update on application related issues.
- SLA driven technical support to ensure response times are met when problems occur to maintain the highest level of system up time.
- Provide dashboard and reporting framework to maintain visibility into overall system performance.
- Deliver backups and snapshots of application servers and database.
Security and Compliance
By leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS) robust control in major security and compliance framework, BlazeClan ensured comprehensive security for customer’s business critical application in AWS and advised best practices to strengthen their security even further to continuously thwart attacks.
- Reduced Cost: With the well-defined service level agreement, SPICE was adept to reduce costs and deliver the highest quality of service to their customers.
- High Availability: The level of reliability with the CMP Platform has ensured 100 percent availability, security and scalability.
- Team focuses on innovation, not maintenance: Tailor made Managed Services platform has contributed substantially in the ability of the customer to concentrate on the core competencies instead of getting bogged down in managing servers. BlazeClan’s CMP enabled automation of the routine tasks, minimize downtime and most significantly focus on innovation.
- Improved security and compliance: With robust control policies, the customer was able to meet compliance obligation.
BlazeClan availed a number of AWS services to execute this project successfully.
- Amazon EC2 was used for compute capacity management for their application deployment. It helped in reducing the time required to spin up new server instances to minutes, allowing them to quickly scale capacity, both up and down, as per their requirement.
- Amazon S3 was used to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere and everywhere.
- Amazon VPC helped in setting up the private network with AWS as it provided isolation and security.
- AWS Elastic Load Balancing was used to redirect the traffic to healthy Amazon EC2 instances for more consistent application performance.
- Amazon RDS service was used to set up, operate and scale relational database and was mainly used for postgres deployments.