The customer is an Indian financial services company focused on lending, asset management, wealth management, and insurance.
They were exploring a solution that could cater to the fluctuating demands of developers in one of the projects. They wanted a solution that is cost effective and could mitigate the burden of installing complex and costly on-premises infrastructure. With security being the priority for nearly every IT initiative, they were scouting for a solution that meets the compliance standards of a highly regulated industry.
Having performed a comprehensive and meticulous review of the client’s work environment and challenges, Blazeclan suggested the implementation of Amazon WorkSpaces can allow workers to access their on-premises system. The platform additionally guarantees workspace security.
With Amazon WorkSpaces implementation, Blazeclan team simplified the customer’s IT needs by quickly and easily provisioning new desktops and allowing access to the on-premise systems from anywhere using any device. With the new set up, they have the authorization to access desktops while remaining compliant with company and industry standards.
Blazeclan used a range of AWS cloud services to implement the solution for the client.
- Amazon WorkSpaces acted as the virtual private cloud. It allowed access to confidential data from any device, irrespective of the operating system within a secured server.
- The VPN provided a secure connection between the customer’s on-premises setup and AWS setup.
- Two availability zones were created, the reasons for which were two-fold – to avoid any chaos and discrepancies in gaining access and to handle the immense workload.
- The first availability zone was created exclusively to host the WorkSpace host server. The reason being, it would help monitor the nodes and the links to subnets/independent workspaces.
- The other availability zone managed the functions with the help of FactERP server app private subnet, Bastion server public subnet, and multiple workspaces/directory controller/AD connector. The workspaces relate to their respective AD private subnets.
- Operating System (OS) platform(s) used – Windows 10
- Third party applications or solutions used – Trend Micro, New Relic
For remote employees, developers, and seasonal workers who do not require local computer hardware, centralizing workspace delivery was an advantageous move.
- Reducing CapEx: With Amazon WorkSpaces, the customer could easily scale up or scale down to cater to fluctuating demand for resources as needed. This resulted in favourable cloud economics.
- Collaboration: The solution facilitated internal collaboration between teams,
resulting in reduced operational time and sharing of documents.