About GOYA Sport
GOYA Sport focuses on the well-being of all athletes and coaches around the world. For continuous improvement and development of sports enthusiasts, they build and develop cutting-edge applications that are available for both coaches and athletes development programs. Their goal is to enhance the experience for coaches and athletes with a simple tool that serves as a one-stop-shop place to plan, monitor, reflect, and learn.
The Need for A Cost-Effective and Efficient Hosting Platform
GOYA Sport was developing a web application, which would be a collaboration space for athletes, coaches, and organizations in the sports market. The partner that was developing the application for GOYA Sport utilized technologies like PHP 5.6, MySQL, etc, along with integrating functionalities such as ecommerce, provide users with approximately 20 MB personal storage space, and upload/store videos. The aim behind this application was to serve the sports markets in Australia and the United States with an expectation of onboarding 50,000 users over the period of 12 months.
Key Requirements Included
- Requirements assessment
- AWS platform design and architecture
- Perform sizing
- Platform implementation
- Support to application migration and hosting
- Ongoing managed services support
"From our very first contact with Blazeclan through to the present day, our experience has been world class. The journey has been one of friendly communication, amazing guidance, and extremely fast and helpful support. No questions are out of bounds and the Blazeclan Team is just a pleasure to work with. So pleased we chose them to make a difference to the world.”
- Bruce Hultgren–Founder, The GOYA.Life
Blazeclan’s team of cloud experts conducted a detailed assessment of GOYA Sport’s application. They crafted a robust design and architecture for migrating the application to AWS, with the following key considerations –
- Cost-optimization and auto scaling
- Applying encryption, access control, and DDoS attack protection for Network and Security on AWS
- IAM roles and policies.
- Architecture refactoring in alignment to architectural best practices.
- Load balancing, backup, and failover setup based on recovery time objective (RTO) and recovery point objective (RPO).
Benefits Achieved by GOYA Sports
The customer had a seamless experience in migrating and hosting the application on AWS, which resulted in
- High security, scalability, and availability of the application to users with authorized access.
- Cost-effectiveness and performance optimization of the application.
Cost management realized
Security and compliance achieved
|Application Load Balancer (ALB)||Auto Scaling group (ASG)||Amazon EC2|
|Amazon RDS||New Relic||Trend Micro|