The customer is a leader in the marketing solutions industry and focuses on providing high-quality content, interactive eBooks, and assessments with adaptive learning for the education industry. Since its inception, the customer has experienced rapid growth and has become a leading technology partner for the eLearning industry. As part of its growth strategy, the company planned to create an infrastructure that would enable students to write online exams concurrently.
On a mission to provide a new standard of pedagogy for adaptive and non-linear learning & scalable infrastructure for their classrooms, the customer required an infrastructure that could provide better control over costs. The customer wanted their infrastructure to scale and support fluctuating demands as well as support future expansion into new countries and territories.
Blazeclan’s team of certified AWS Solution Architects conducted week-long, extensive consulting workshops and brainstorming sessions for studying the customer’s current application architecture. This included an understanding of the –
- Underlying infrastructure.
- Existing applications, processes, and compliance.
Once the existing architecture was explored, Blazeclan’s team formulated an approach and performed the following changes –
Application Level Changes– The SAs identified the application and database-related changes to remove performance bottlenecks and achieved a highly scalable application, database, and infrastructure design.
Iterative Application Testing– In an iterative process, custom scripts were written for functional testing. Blazeclan, along with the customer’s application team, conducted multiple performances and load testing cycles, enabling nearly 5000 concurrent students to take online exams.
Benefits Achieved by the Customer
- Cost-Effectiveness: With the on-demand model, the customer was able to leverage the benefits of cost-effectiveness.
- Increase in Customer Base: The customer’s application was able to scale and support concurrent users on-demand with high performance, giving them the desired end-user experience.
- Infrastructure Performance: The customer was able to track the infrastructure performance by capturing inputs into actionable metrics and reports, thereby ensuring a high level of cost visibility to the management.
|Amazon EC2||Amazon CloudFront||Amazon S3|
|Amazon EBS||AWS Auto Scaling|