The customer is a leading entertainment company and was looking for a holistic vision to stay relevant in the digital economy. Staying relevant in the digital economy needs a plan to
- Implement proven and leading-edge technologies.
- Improve customer experience and expand audience reach through agile product development while providing secure, highly resilient, and efficient services.
- Have sustainable business continuity and quality assurance processes internally.
Blazeclan provided its expertise and experience to the customer, helping them shape their DevOps journey and reduce the deployment time of new applications from 3-7 days to just 2 hours on average.
Key challenges of the customer involved
- Dependencies on manual IT admin to carry out deployments of CMS applications.
- Heightened risk caused by an inefficient process in the BCP environment.
Following were the business goals of the customer.
- To ensure security, stability and consistency of the entire digital platform.
- To reduce time to market new applications and digital properties.
The cloud objectives of the customer involved
- Automate deployments of applications on CMS.
- Reduce human errors and manual steps while deploying applications.
- Optimize DevOps to reduce TAT (Technical Acceptance Test).
- Have a secure and sustainable BCP environment.
Blazeclan’s collective experience of dealing with a global clientele of enterprises has benefitted the customer, not just in terms of technology acumen and tools, but also with an immutable set of wise principles. This helped seamless deployment of new IT policies without disrupting existing ‘mission-critical’ services of the customer.
The Approach Followed
- Create a streamlined workflow to provision infrastructure to the cloud (AWS and Azure).
- Automate repetitive manual tasks to reduce time and human errors.
Blazeclan started with designing the customer’s BCP environment by building Terraform modules, which enabled policy and governance to confidently provision at scale when the customer set up their BCP environment. The solution outgrew the manual dependencies on the customer’s IT admins to intervene and enabled building the application using Ansible playbooks to reduce time and add new applications with digital properties.
For automating the customer’s weekly deployments, a pipeline with Jenkins and Ansible was created that allowed scheduled deployments without any manual activities on the server. This eliminated human errors during deployments.
Benefits Achieved by the Customer
- Reduction in application deployment time from 3 days to 2 hours.
- Implementation of sustainable BCP environment, which mitigates disruption risks.
- More time for CXOs to focus on core business than on technological redundancies.
- Reduced repetitive tasks for the Digital team means more quality time to focus on core technology improvements.