The customer is a leading provider of end-to-end lending, financing and wealth management solutions to consumers across India. The customer has launched a digital lending platform to offer products such as business and personal loans. This platform has multiple modules such as loan origination system (LOS) and loan management system (LMS). The customer was looking for a partner to take complete ownership of the LOS module and manage their digital lending platform by hosting on the AWS cloud.
The Need for Application Support and Managed Services
The digital lending platform of the customer is meant for offerings such as personal and business loans. This involves a USP of quick approval within a time span of 30 minutes and faster loan disbursals without collaterals. Multiple modules of this digital lending platform for the User Journeys are created by the customer’s team. The customer is seeking a partner to take the ownership of its LOS module and manage their AWS cloud resources that host their digital lending platform.
LOS is the process where a borrower applies for a new loan while the lender processes that application. The customer’s requirements involve end-to-end application monitoring, infrastructure support and maintenance for the customer’s user journeys for the LOS applications. The need for application support services to serve the issues include:
- Front-end support queries and tickets
- Backend support queries and tickets
- APIs-related tickets
- DB and data-related issues
- Technical issues and queries
- Application Monitoring
These support tickets will support the customer’s LOS application that serves multiple user journeys and modules. The stages that comprise of the user journeys and modules supporting the LOS application are termed critical components for the loan processes. These include:
- Loan Application
- Application Processing
- Underwriting Process
- Credit Decision
- Quality Control
- Loan Funding
The support of services needed for the application maintenance and monitoring will underpin the above-mentioned components.
Blazeclan’s Solution of Combined Infrastructure and Application Support
Blazeclan is already engaged with the customer’s digital team for supporting and managing a few modules of their LOS application. This, along with managing the complete AWS infrastructure that hosts its digital lending platform. We have proposed an SLA-driven application support-as-a-service for supporting and managing the application and infrastructure using tools such as the CMP and New Relic. Our provision of end-to-end application and cloud services support will cover all user journeys for the LOS application as well as the technology stack comprising Django, AngularJS, JAVA, MySQL and AWS services in a shared services Model (Onshore/Offshore).
Loan Origination System is the application to be supported. The user journey for this application will follow the following workflows
- Online Marketplace Personal Loan (OMPL) Journey
- Small Medium Enterprises (SME) Journey
- Partner API Journey
Blazeclan is currently managing the cloud infrastructure for the complete platform and proposes to combine this with the proposed solution for seamless end-to-end support. This combination of Application and infrastructure support will cater to the customer’s requirement for managing and monitoring their LOS application and AWS infrastructure.
Managed Services or Delivery Approach
In the approach for managed services, we proposed the customer to have SLA-driven technical support. In this, access to ticket management will be given to the customer wherein they can raise a support ticket for
both application and infrastructure. Also, tickets will be raised automatically via the New Relic APM and infrastructure monitoring tools.
An end-to-end application maintenance and monitoring support will be provided to the customer’s infrastructure by using 3 FTEs. This will support said the scope of services for a shared support model for the infrastructure, which is mentioned below.
- Application Support will be performed by us during IST-based business hours, remotely via VPN. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that access to the VPN is made available to us.
- On-site support, if and when required, will be on a case to case basis via mutual agreement by both Parties.
- All monitoring will be handled by us 24/7.
- The customer must inform us in advance before any changes are introduced to the existing environment under the scope of our support – hardware, software and network.
- Blazeclan’s support scope only applies to the existing production infrastructure provided by the customer to the Blazeclan to host the Blazeclan’s applications under the scope of this Schedule.
Support Applications Managed by Blazeclan will include the following.
- Respond and resolve to support emails /calls /JIRA from Customer Caching Services.
- Verify and evaluate the issues as per predefined Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Get Entitlement (External API)
- If necessary, perform specific activities like
- Cache/DB purges and Script execution
- Create users and roles
- Add additional channels to DB (Using interfaces)
- Changes to backend/database held config values
- Generate ad-hoc reports using query interfaces (Need lead time of 3 to 4 working days based on complexity)
- Perform a manual checklist of servers and services as per the schedule
- Coordinate with Integrated Test & Operations System during downtime
Benefits Achieved by the Customer
High Scalability: Adoption of cloud transformation provided the customer with the ability to scale their infrastructure according to the business demand alterations. Cloud migration also introduced them to a new auto-scaling feature with minimum or zero downtime.
Cost Optimization: Cloud migration opened up the possibility of optimizing cost for the customer along with building a future-ready and fault-tolerant architecture. The pay-as-you-go model suits the customer’s requirements well. The benefit of cost optimization enabled the customer to have better control of their overall IT budget.
Improved Performance: The customer experience was significantly enhanced with the cloud migration, owing to the scalable and agile nature of the deployment compared to their legacy on-premise deployment.
360° credit assessment: The consumer journey is entirely online with digital decision making backed by rigorous and 360° credit assessment, providing applicants with real-time loan offers and sanctions. With the performance of unsecured lending in India steadily improving over the past 5 years and also with data now available with credit bureaus, and via certified digital vendors, a risk to lending can be controlled more effectively.
Multi-Tenancy: Multitenancy resources are shared, for example, multiple users use the same resource, at the network level, host level, and application level. Also, users can rapidly increase and decrease their computing resources as needed and release resources for other uses when they are no longer required.
|NginX – Reverse Proxy||NPM Parse AngularJS||Java|
|Django Python Server||Rabbit MQ||MySQL 5.7|
|Amazon RDS||Amazon ECS||Amazon SNS|
|Amazon API Gateway||Amazon EC2||Amazon Lambda|
|AWS EC2 Auto Scaling||Amazon ELB||Amazon VPC|
|AWS Direct Connect||Amazon CloudWatch||AWS CloudFront|