About the business
Lighthouse Canton is an Independent Asset Manager catering to High Networth Private Clients and Institutional investors and holds CMS license from MAS. Headquartered in Singapore, Lighthouse Canton has subsidiaries located in Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC) that offer services to clients mainly in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Lighthouse Canton is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore, and its subsidiary is regulated by the Dubai Financial Services Authority.
With the vision to service its clients with high-quality and tailored financial solutions, Lighthouse Canton has decided to invest in the enabling technology infrastructure that provides the company with scalability to enable business growth, information security, and cost efficiency.
Their business expansion has thrown up challenges such as management of complex systems, number of users, and multiple-device configuration. In addition, a large proportion of employees are on the field ensuring business development activities round-the-clock.
Information security is an inherent requisite in the Wealth management business. It is imperative to have a technology platform wherein the employees can only access information and perform those tasks for which they have the entitlements and authorization. Therefore, it is crucial to ensure secure access to each authorized employee, with proper entitlements, while ensuring uncompromised performance.
Further, there are ever-growing threats of cyber-attacks on the systems that are becoming more virulent and audacious.
With employees having an option to access applications from remote locations, a tailored solution platform is therefore required, that allows the continuous, yet the seamless function of applications throughout the day, each day.
Having performed a comprehensive and meticulous review of the client’s work environment and challenges, BlazeClan Technologies suggested the implementation of Amazon Workspaces that can allow workers to decide the devices of their choice and gain instant access to the firm’s information for their business needs. The platform additionally guarantees workspace security.
BlazeClan used a range of AWS cloud services to implement the solution for the client.
- Amazon Workspace acted as the virtual private cloud. It allows access to confidential data from any device irrespective of the operating system within a secured server.
- Two availability zones were created, the reasons for which were two-fold – to avoid any chaos and discrepancies in gaining access, and to handle the immense workload.
- The first availability zone was created exclusively to host the workspace host server. The reason being that it would help monitor the nodes and the links to subnets / independent workspaces.
- The other availability zone managed the functions with the help of FactERP server app private subnet, Bastion server public subnet, and multiple workspaces/directory controller / AD connector. The workspaces are connected with their respective AD private subnets.
Lighthouse Canton was pleased with the tech disruption solutions presented to them. “Cost-Effectiveness of Amazon Workspaces with its no upfront cost model (usage-based consumption model) was one of the primary reasons we chose AWS,” said, Dinesh Gogia, Chief Compliance Officer at Lighthouse Canton. “The service has been of good value to the firm and employees due to its provisioning of Windows desktop environment that are backed with high-security measures”.
Employees were able to gain instant access to confidential data and applications of their choice. Reduction in wait time or delays has inversely led to improved productivity.
The solution of infrastructure optimization does not demand VDI solutions on premises, which in turn significantly curbed capital expenditure. With minimum infrastructure, operations were improved with enhanced controls and security protocols.
- Offered an effective method to measure workspace performance with fundamental variables like collection performance data and performance baseline.
- Instant permissions issued to upgrade account, join the domain, and increase storage space available on the workspace; which has been instrumental in enhancing productivity.
Time of each employee is saved with the workspace reboot performed as per user’s approval for a particular AWS error.