Parakh Agro Industries Ltd., with its headquarters in Pune, is one of the leading Indian manufacturers of FMCG commodities such as wheat flour and wheat products along with besan and pulses. With over 30 years of rich experience in FMCG commodities and supply chain management, the business is run by a team of professionals under the guidance of Prakash Parakh and his younger brother Suresh Parakh.
High-tech plants located in central and western India, along with a strong retail and distribution network made the group India’s fastest growing FMCG company 2002. The organisation has now expanded its scope to the plastic and flexible industry, wind energy and international trading.
To stay competitive, Parakh Agro needed to set up the company’s website – Samrat India quickly and cost-effectively on to the cloud. The website functionality had to be highly available to provide an excellent experience and minimise the risk of customers defecting to rival services due to outages or service slowdowns.
The infrastructure supporting the website had to handle growth to several hundred thousand members and support demand peaks during special events.
BlazeClan’s team of certified AWS Solution Architects conducted an exploratory analysis to study the current architecture of the application
This included an understanding of the –
- The underlying infrastructure required to support the application on AWS
- Deployment of 3 websites on AWS.
Once the existing architecture was explored, BlazeClan’s team formulated a detailed deployment approach that included identifying the AWS service configurations, suggesting changes required in the application, and managing AWS deployments with Parakh Agro. Once the infrastructure was set up, BlazeClan team worked closely with the team for deploying more than 3 websites on to AWS.
- Cost Effectiveness: With the on-demand model, Samrat India was able to leverage the benefits of cost-effectiveness.
- Increase in Customer Base: Samrat India websites could now scale and support concurrent users on-demand with high performance, giving them the desired customer experience.
- Competitive advantages: Adopting AWS has let them keep their focus on the business and providing them with both strategic and tactical advantages.
- Route 53