Founded in 2006, Mindfields is a vendor-agnostic Robotic Process Automation and Artificial Intelligence advisory firm, providing strategy services to CXO level executives across verticals on emerging and disruptive technologies. Gartner and HFS Research has positioned Mindfields as a leading, niche Robotics Process Automation advisory (RPA) firm and is globally recognized as a thought leader in this space.
Having in-depth expertise in robotic automation and artificial intelligence, Mindfields wanted BlazeClan to provide robust IT infrastructure that is secured and accessible across devices from any given location. In addition, Mindfields also wanted governance to ensure compliance. BlazeClan faced with the following challenges before going ahead to the solutions phase:
- The current IT infrastructure is based on various individuals SOE
- Documentation management is on the individual’s desktops without security compliance
- Various applications are used to support the internal ERP processes across finance and HR
- The launch of automation as a service required cloud infrastructure that can be integrated with desktop access.
BlazeClan’s team conducted an exploratory analysis to study Mindfields requirements. In the plan, BlazeClan implemented the following steps in setting up the IT infrastructure for Mindfields:
- AWS WorkSpaces solution was implemented which is a fully managed, secure Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS). The current setup consisted of high-end Amazon WorkSpaces Virtual Desktops (VDI) which were accessed across the globe.
- AWS services like – Workdocs, Microsoft tools like Office 365, Visio, MS Project, other Portals, and HRMS were all configured through VDI and were used as integrated document management as well as to conduct operational activities on a common drive across the organisation.
- AWS Active Directories (AD) were created and deployed. Established SSO using active directory to manage the security profiles across each user with logging of events for auditability.
- Implemented end-to-end security by adhering to the best practices of AWS Infrastructure Setup under the compliance of CIS (Centre for Internet Security).
- Collaboration: The solution facilitated internal collaboration between teams, resulting in reduced operational time and sharing of documents.
- Storage Cost: This engagement brought about massive cost savings as payments needed to be made only for actual usage.
- Reduced on-premise infrastructure cost: BlazeClan team helped in reducing the company’s on-premise infrastructure costs by moving from a CAPEX based to OPEX based model. Furthermore, Mindfields will be able to save costs for IT infrastructure by leveraging the pay-as-you-go pricing model.
- Improved security: With robust control and security policies, the customer was able to have a secured network for organization IT infrastructure.
BlazeClan availed a number of AWS services to execute this project successfully.
- AWS WorkSpaces is used as a secured Desktop-as-a-Service.
- Amazon EC2 is used to access the cloud infrastructure of Mindfields to perform administrative duties as per the operational needs.
- Amazon S3 is used to store and retrieve the monitoring logs of the cloud infrastructure.
- AWS CloudWatch is used to collect and track metrics, collect and monitor log files, set alarms, and automatically react to changes in your AWS resources.
- AWS CloudTrail enabled governance, compliance, operational auditing, and risk auditing of the AWS account.
- AWS AD is used for directory-aware workloads and AWS resources to use managed Active Directory in the AWS Cloud.
- AWS WorkDocs is used as a secure, fully managed, file collaboration and management service, with an extensible SDK, that runs on AWS.