BlazeClan re-engineered, re-designed & developed a Social Shopping & Business Information App with Gamification Components to achieve higher user engagement and deployed the application on AWS Cloud.
A California-based company offering a Social Shopping & Business Information mobile app. The company is focused on facilitating a long-term relationship between the business and its local customers through IN’s – a feature that lets the users know of promotional offers, new products and menu items, special events and more. It provides people with an easy to use, fun mobile shopping app where businesses can send unlimited promotions to a customer base who actually care about the business and desire to receive information from them.
A third party was involved in the development of the initial product, who used a proprietary framework for development which did not work as per Customer’s expectation. Use of proprietary frameworks and technologies made it difficult for the Customer to make changes, maintain and work to enhance the product. Due to lack of documentation, a complete re-engineering of the existing product was required.
- Modification in the existing Android and iOS app due to technical issues related to the incumbent NoSQL database design, notification engine and latency issues for mobile notifications.
- The customer wanted help with re-engineering, redesign and re-architecture of the entire app to fix the known issues and help in building a highly available & scalable Web / Mobile App back-end infrastructure with Social Media integration, Geo-Mapping and Real-Time Push Notifications.
- The customer wanted to include gamification components to achieve a high level of engagement with their customers.
- Integrated Paypal payment gateway to facilitate Business registrations and payments.
BlazeClan helped the customer to re-design Android & IOS application and Develop their Web application and API server for mobile application and deploy it on AWS
- Re-engineered the existing application to use an open source framework and technologies
- Application and the Back-end infrastructure re-designed to ensure that this application performed at scale
- Used Redis, in-memory cache, for storing maps and related information to enhance the user experience for popular locations
- A NoSQL database, MongoDB and Redis in-memory caching for providing faster response for API request made from the mobile application
- Set up Continuous Deployment and Release Management processes
- Sharding MongoDB Database for Gamification & Social Components
- Yii Framework
- Restful APIs
- Apple Push Notifications
- Google Cloud Messaging
- Amazon Web Services
- Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Auto Scaling
- Elastic Load Balancing (ELB)
- Simple Storage Services (S3)
- Amazon CloudFront
- Route 53
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
Looking for Application / Product Development on Cloud? Talk to Seasoned Product Engineers!